This qualification provides an introduction to teaching. It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, such as:
- Individuals not currently teaching;
- Individuals currently teaching and training (including those who have just begun teaching and training);
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
Skills, knowledge and understanding relating to the qualification:
- Understand the teaching role and responsibilities in education and training
- Understand ways to maintain a safe and supportive learning environment;
- Understand the relationships between teachers and other professionals in education and training;
- Understand how to use constructive feedback, keep records and involve learners and others in the assessment process;
- Understand quality assurance and the legal and good practice requirements in relation to assessment;
- Be able to plan, deliver and evaluate inclusive teaching and learning.
Education & Training